ALEXANDER L. BROCKMEYER, ESQ.
Alexander Brockmeyer joined Boyle, Leonard & Anderson, P.A., in 2015. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Brockmeyer practiced appellate advocacy and commercial litigation at Rogers Towers P.A., and at a boutique law firm in Fort Myers. During his law school career, Mr. Brockmeyer worked as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Sheri Polster Chappell of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and as an intern for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida. He served on the editorial board of the Ave Maria Law Review and graduated fourth in his class. Mr. Brockmeyer obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky.
Mr. Brockmeyer focuses his practice in appellate and original-jurisdiction proceedings in both state and federal court. Mr. Brockmeyer handles appellate matters in commercial, real estate, family, tort, and insurance law. Mr. Brockmeyer also provides litigation-support services, such as preserving the record, drafting jury instructions, writing dispositive motions, and writing responses to dispositive motions.
- Juris Doctorate – Ave Maria School of Law, magna cum laude. 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, Secondary Social Studies Education – University of Kentucky, 2010
ADMISSIONS TO PRACTICE
- State of Florida
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court – Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
BAR MEMBERSHIPS/PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- The Florida Bar – Appellate Practice Section
- Lee County Bar Association
- Appellate Practice Section-Chair
- Southwest Florida Federal Bar Association
- American Inns of Court – Calusa Chapter
- Boyle & Leonard, P.A.
- Associate Attorney
- Rogers Towers, P.A.
- Associate Attorney
- The Honorable Sheri Polster Chappell, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Federal Judicial Intern
- The United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida
- McCue v. Heritage Farms Property Association, Inc., 141 So. 3d 672 (Fla. 2d DCA 2014)
- Tunison v. Bank of America, 144 So. 3d 588 (Fla. 2d DCA 2014)
- Patel v. U.S. Bank Nat’l Ass’n, 159 So. 3d 156 (Fla. 2d DCA 2014)
- Maggiano v. Whiskey Creek Professional Center, LLC, 160 So. 3d 535 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015)
- Somasca v. Somasca , 171 So. 3d 780 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015)
- Barry v. Vantium Capital, Inc. , 198 So. 3d 43 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015)
- Addison Ins. Co. v. 4000 Island Blvd. Condo. Ass’n, Inc., 263 F. Supp. 3d 1266 (S.D. Fla. 2016)
- Mid-Continent Cas. Co. v. G.R. Const., Management, Inc., 278 F. Supp. 3d 1302 (M.D. Fla. 2017)
- Addison Ins. Co. v. 4000 Island Blvd. Condo. Ass’n, 721 Fed. Appx. 847 (11th Cir. 2017)
- Arlington Pebble Creek, LLC v. Campus Edge Condo., Ass’n, 232 So. 3d 502 (Fla. 1st DCA 2017)
- Altman Contractors, Inc. v Crum & Forster Specialty Ins. Co., 832 F.3d 1318 (11th Cir. 2016)
- Altman Contractors, Inc. v. Crum & Forster Specialty Ins. Co., 232 So. 3d 273 (Fla. 2017)