AUSTIN BERSINGER, ESQUIRE
Austin Bersinger is a commercial litigator whose practice focuses on insurance coverage and bad faith. Prior to joining Boyle, Leonard, & Anderson, P.A., Austin worked at the largest law firm in the world specializing in insurance coverage and representing insurers in a myriad of coverage disputes. Before his Biglaw days, he served as a Captain in the United States Air Force. As a JAG officer, he represented the United States government in litigation matters in federal and military courts.
Today, Austin represents corporate, municipal, and individual policyholders in numerous types of insurance coverage and bad faith disputes. He has extensive coverage litigation experience in several lines of insurance including commercial general liability, directors and officers liability, professional liability, commercial and residential property, and cyber liability.
Austin enjoys living in Charleston, South Carolina. In his spare time, Austin likes cooking, running, and golf.
- Juris Doctorate – University of Georgia School of Law, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, South Carolina Honors College – University of South Carolina, 2007
- “Georgia Update on First Party Property & General Liability,” Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), September 19, 2015.
- “Trends in Georgia Insurance Law,” (ICLE) Colorado, February 10, 2016.“Georgia Update on First Party Property & General Liability,” Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), September 19, 2015.
- “Georgia Insurance Law and the Law of Torts,” Georgia Torts Seminar, Mar 23, 2016.
- “Construction Defect and ‘Rip and Tear’ Damages,” Insurance in the Construction Industry, March 24th, 2016.
- “Issues and Trends in Professional Liability Practice and Coverage” (ICLE) Colorado, February 5, 2017.
- “Recent Updates in Insurance Law” Winter Conference of Superior Court Judges, Feb 18, 2017.
- “Additional Insurance Endorsements,” Insurance Law Seminar, Thursday, March 24, 2017.
- “Trends in Georgia Insurance Law,” (ICLE) Colorado, February 5, 2018.