KATHERINE L. SLOAN, ESQUIRE
Katie Sloan joined Boyle & Leonard, P. A. in 2017 upon graduating from Barry University, Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law. She worked as a Law Clerk until gaining admission to the Florida Bar in September of 2017, and is now an Associate Attorney with the firm. During law school, Ms. Sloan worked as a legal intern in the Middle District of Florida, the Ninth Judicial Circuit in and for Orange County, Florida, and served as a Research Assistant at Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law in the area of contracts and commercial law. Ms. Sloan was the Chief Justice of Barry University’s Moot Court Honors Board and received a Best Brief award at the Burton D. Wechsler First Amendment Competition, as well as a Best Oralist Award at the John J. Gibbons Moot Court Competition at Seton Hall. She served as the Note and Comment Editor of the Barry Law Review and graduated in the top three percent of her graduating class.
Ms. Sloan is passionate about animal rescue and is active with local animal charities in Tampa and Orlando, Florida. She is a native Floridian and resides in Tampa with her husband and her dogs.
- Juris Doctorate, Summa Cum Laude – Barry University, Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, 2017
- Bachelor of Arts in the College of Arts & Sciences – University of South Florida, 2005
ADMISSIONS TO PRACTICE
- State of Florida, 2017
- District of Columbia, 2018
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court – Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court – Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers